We are waiting at the gate here in Chicago. It is an hour or so until we are able to get on the new aircraft. It seems to be the best option to try and wait it out rather than go to a hotel and not be sure we can get on a flight tomorrow. I feel confident this is the best choice for the time being.
We are safe, tired, and glad we have each other. I will update as things progress. Thank you for your patience, parents and loved ones!